Tales from the World of Retail

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Headphones

Lots of people -- including me -- shop with headphones in their ears. I've got no problem with that. What drives me crazy is when people come up to the cash register with their headphones still in their ears.

If they haven't turned the music off, they're not going to hear me when I say things like "Is this debit or credit?"

If they have turned the music off, well, how can I tell? It feels pretty rude from this side of the counter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

Just mouth the words without making a sound. Then watch them make sure the sound is off and yank the earpieces out. :)

January 21, 2007 7:33 PM  
Blogger mamurd said...

Awesome idea!!!

One of these days I'll tell you guys about motorcycle helmet man....

January 21, 2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home