Tales from the World of Retail

Monday, July 24, 2006

"I Guess I'll Just Eat the Loss."

As I was ringing up a customer, she explained that she lived overseas, and wondered what she could do if one or more of the items she bought didn't work. I told her she could ship it back to us, and we could ship her a replacement. She asked what the time limit was. I told her that our return policy stated that she would have a month to do it. She got pissy and said, "Well they're Christmas presents. I guess I'll just eat the loss."

Oy. As one of my co-workers pointed out, it's like going to Germany and asking what their return policy is! Also, she didn't even know if any of them were defective! Which, by the way, she could check before leaving the country.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

A quote from John Wayne (apparently from the movie "The Sands of Iwo Jima") has been reverberating through my brain this week, and it fits this story. "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."

July 25, 2006 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home