Tales from the World of Retail

Sunday, November 12, 2006

On a Mission! (Or Maybe Not...)

Today I was working at the back counter when I saw a couple come barreling through the front door. They quickly bypassed the front desk and headed straight for me. Aha! (I thought to myself) They're on a mission! They know exactly what they want and need it in a hurry.

Just as I guessed, they came up to me and asked for a specific item. It was something we carried, so I took them to it. As I walked away, I heard them discussing the price: "It's $24 dollars here .... It was $20 at that store in Bellevue ..."

A few seconds later I saw them leave, walking just as quickly and purposefully as they had when they came in.

I guess they didn't need the item as badly as I thought?! But if they were merely comparing prices, what was the big hurry?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

Was it really worth the cost of time and gas to drive back to Bellevue to save $4? Not in my mind, but maybe that is a "guy thing".

November 14, 2006 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home