Tales from the World of Retail

Monday, January 22, 2007

If You're Going To Complain....

.... Then complain to the right person!

Today I talked to a customer who was upset with the way one of my co-workers treated her son. She first asked for a manager. There wasn't one available, so I asked if I could help her. In a very passive-aggressive way, she said, "No, nevermind." After some more encouragement, she told me what was wrong. I offered to give her the office number. Again, "No, it's fine, whatever."

Clearly, it was not fine, so I told her that she was welcome to complain and again offered her the office number. Obviously miffed, she declined and left unhappy.

If you're going to complain, complain to the right person: the manager or owner.

Don't bitch at the clerk -- we have no power!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home