Tales from the World of Retail

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Now Would Be a Good Time for You To Put Your Phone Down.

A woman walked up to the counter, talking on her cell phone. Without setting down her phone or even making eye contact with me, she put an item on the counter with a receipt sitting on top of it. She paused in her conversation briefly to say to me, "I want to return this," and then went right back to her phone.

Ummm...... Is there something wrong with it and you want a replacement? Did you change your mind and you want to exchange it for something else? Get store credit? Get a refund? (That last one's not going to happen, by the way.)

I need more information -- hang up the phone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

And you stood patiently, waiting for a chance to get a word in edgewise? :)

Or did you say, "And I want to take a break and put my feet up," with just a hint of sarcasm???

April 24, 2007 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home