Tales from the World of Retail

Sunday, September 03, 2006

"I'm Oregon"

Today while I was working at the register, a man came up, set an item down on the counter, and said, "I'm Oregon."

I was pretty sure this was his rude, non-helpful way of asking, "I'm from Oregon, can you do the tax-exempt thing for me?"

I decided to play dumb. In a puzzled tone I asked, "Your name is Oregon?"

He decided to keep being rude and non-helpful, and said, "I'm from Oregon."

I decided to keep playing dumb, and said, "....um....ok..." with a "Why are you telling me this?" look on my face.

He finally got around to explaining why I should care that he was from Oregon, but still managed to be rude. "Don't you guys do the tax exempt thing? You used to."

I replied in a oh-so-helpful tone of voice, "Oh! Sure. I can do that for you."

Annoyed, he said, "What did you think I meant?"

Seeing as how he was still being rude, I still played dumb and told him, "I didn't know what you meant; I was confused."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home