Tales from the World of Retail

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ever Heard of a Wallet??

Several years ago (when I was still working at the book store), I rang up a boy who (if I recall correctly) was about 12 years old.

I told him his total, and he leaned down and did.... something ... down near the floor. When he came back up, he handed me a damp $10 bill. Damp. As in wet. As in, he was carrying his money in his shoe, and when he leaned down, he was fishing it out of his sneaker. And it was damp because it was sweaty.

Ew.

Seriously, dude. Ew.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

When I was younger, I used to (literally) run to the bank to deposit my paycheck. But I had enough sense to put the check in a plastic sandwich bag before stuffing into my sock. :)

August 27, 2006 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home