Tales from the World of Retail

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Printer Problems

I often get called over to the register because the printer isn't working. Many of my co-workers can't seem to figure out how to fix the simplest of problems! (This doesn't include Tofutti Cutie, of course.)

Half the time it's out of paper. There's an indicator light, but apparently they don't think to look for it.

The rest of the time I solve the problem with the oh-so-complicated method of turning it off and then turning it back on again. Ta-da! It works.

I've lost count of how many times I've done this (and told them what I did) but they can't quite manage to try it themselves.

Sigh. Well, at least I'm needed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

Remember how easy "C" programming was for you? Remember how high you scored on the math portions of the SAT and GRE tests? I recall your being incensed by how easy the math portions of those tests were compared to the language portions. You have talents not often seen around clerical staff, even those with liberal arts degrees. It is best to be patient with the less talented. :)

November 18, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger mamurd said...

Yeah... but it's not like I'm reprogramming the computer.

Off. On.

Simple!

November 19, 2006 11:46 PM  
Blogger Pedicularis said...

What is entirely obvious and simple to some, is magic, smoke, and mirrors to others. True with computers, true with cash registers, true with mathematics, and true with politics. Some things you just can't teach. Go ahead, be the hero!

November 20, 2006 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home