Tales from the World of Retail

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Stand Up!

We've got some high school students helping out for the season. Two new boys started yesterday. Late in the day I walked past the front counter and saw one of the boys sitting on a step stool. I was, shall we say, not happy. I walked up to him and asked, "Are you injured in some way?" He said he wasn't. I told him to stand up and put the stool away. I was a little curt with him, but, well, it's his first job. I'm just helping him learn how to act more professionally.

Or was I just cranky?

2 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

You will get a reputation as being a stern taskmaster, but you were absolutely correct. I'll bet he did as you asked, too. :)

December 11, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger mamurd said...

The next time I walked past, the stool was put away and he was standing. :)

December 15, 2006 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home