Tales from the World of Retail

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Instant Karma

Tofutti Cutie has complained about people not getting out of her way when she's carrying heavy boxes.

The other day I was carrying a large box full of smaller boxes. One box was balanced on top. As I was approaching a bottleneck area of the store, I saw that there were two women standing in my way. As I approached them I said, "Excuse me." They glanced at me, but didn't move. Inwardly sighing, I lifted my box, turned to the side (with my back to the women), and tried to squeeze myself past them. The side of the bottleneck that I was on is constrained by a railing. To get past it, I had to lift my box over the railing (while walking sideways). When I lifted it, I tilted it towards me. Just as I was passing the two women, the top box slipped off the others, fell over my shoulder, and landed on their shoulders (between their heads).

Awesome!

See, ladies, this is why I wanted you to move!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home