Tales from the World of Retail

Friday, October 13, 2006

What Do You Care What I Think? (Take 3)

Today a guy asked me for a restaurant recommendation.

I. Hate. This. Question.

First of all, I don't eat out often.

Second of all, even if I like a restaurant, that doesn't guarantee that the other person will like it.

Thirdly, I have no idea how much they want to spend.


I told the guy today that I didn't eat out much. When he continued to pester me, I told him about a Thai restaurant nearby. He said, "I've eaten a lot of Thai lately."

I mentioned the BBQ place across the street. He made a face.

I said a lot of people like the Italian place on the next block. He shook his head dismissively.


Clearly, he didn't care what I thought, so what did he ask?

There are a million restaurants in downtown Seattle. Find one that smells good and LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

Post a list of nearby restaurants by type.

October 14, 2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger mamurd said...

Ped: They can walk out the door and see six different types of restaurants. What they want is a "recommendation from a local".

Geo: No, he wasn't trying to chat me up. He was with two other people, and he rudely turned up his nose at all my suggestions.

October 15, 2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home