Tales from the World of Retail

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gift-Wrapping Nanny

As I was ringing up a woman, she asked about having her items gift-wrapped. I told her how much it would cost and she said that would be fine. After a moment's consideration, however, she said, "You know, I was going to have you wrap them since I hate to wrap, but my daughter and my nanny love to wrap. Maybe I'll have them do it." I agreed that that made sense. Then she said:

"Plus, having my daughter wrap those presents will get her out of my hair for a while. It will be nice to get a break!"

Ummm..... isn't that what the nanny is for?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

LOL

Speaking of wrapping, perhaps the nanny has the mom wrapped around her finger?

And besides which, what kind of a mom would look for opportunities to avoid having a fun time teaching her little girl how to wrap presents? Yuk.

May 23, 2007 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home