Tales from the World of Retail

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Swear Words

Yesterday we had non-stop deliveries at work. FedEx, UPS, an independent delivery company, FedEx again, a supplies company, Yellow Freight, and the water guy.

Breaks were delayed, space was tight, and much moving of boxes occurred.

After receiving the first (large) FedEx shipment, I went on my first break 45 minutes late. When I came back, I sent one of my other co-workers on his break. When he came back, I moved the FedEx boxes inside. It was finally time to send my other co-worker on her break. I went to the bathroom first, but as I was coming out of the bathroom I found my co-worker letting in the second FedEx delivery guy. Before I knew it, a bad word slipped out of my mouth. I apologized immediately, since I don't really like to swear.

The delivery guy laughed it off and said, "You're lucky. You can swear all you like in front of me, but if I swear in front of you, I get in trouble!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home