Tales from the World of Retail

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Happy Ending

On Sunday I was helping a woman pick out some items. She had her two sons with her. One was a teenager; the other was around eight. After I had helped her, she told me that her younger son had lost his glasses. She told me she was going to look around herself, and that she was going to go back to the other place they'd been that afternoon, but in case she didn't find them, she asked if I could keep and eye out for them. She gave me her name and the name of her hotel, and told me that she was going to be there until the next day.

Around 2:30 Monday afternoon, as I was coming back from my break, my co-worker said, "Hey, [mamurd], guess what I found?" And ta-da! She held up the kid's glasses. She had found them in a completely random spot, and only saw them because she was re-arranging a display! I dug out the name of the hotel, looked it up in the phone book, and dialed. I didn't really expect to get in touch with the woman, though, because it was so late in the day. I figured that they would have checked out by then. My co-worker lamented that we didn't think to get her address so that we could mail the glasses to her.

To my surprise, the hotel desk clerk transferred me to the woman's room. I talked to her older son and he told me that they were about to leave! They promised to come by the store after they'd checked out of the hotel.

It was so nice to have a happy ending to the story!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

You're happy? I'm happy that there are nice people in this world that still enjoy doing a favor for a complete stranger. :)

September 06, 2007 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home