Tales from the World of Retail

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Liars!

A kid came up to one of my co-workers and asked if we had a bathroom. (We don't.) My co-worker told the kid where the nearest bathroom was.

A few minutes later the kid's dad came up to me and said, "You really don't have a bathroom?"

I replied, "Nope, sorry."

I started to tell him where the nearest one was, but he turned to his kids and said something. I wasn't exactly sure what he said, but it sounded like, "C'mon kids, let's go. We don't do business with liars."

In disbelief, I said, "Excuse me, sir, did you just call me a liar?"

He turned back and said, "Yeah."

Dude, just because you didn't get the answer you want, doesn't mean it isn't the truth!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

Perhaps it would be more correct to say you have a restroom for employees only?

August 05, 2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger mamurd said...

Nope. THERE IS NO RESTROOM IN THE STORE. We employees physically leave the property of the store to go to the bathroom. It's a long, roundabout route requiring several keys and a password. Even if we were allowed to take them there, it's faster if they go across the street to the coffee shop!

August 06, 2006 8:39 AM  
Blogger Sotosoroto said...

Perhaps you should answer, "Nope, even I have to leave the store to use a restroom."

August 07, 2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger mamurd said...

I've said it. They don't believe me.

August 09, 2006 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home