Tales from the World of Retail

Monday, October 16, 2006

"Don't Go Anywhere."

A woman came up to me today and asked me to open a case for her. We went over to the case and I started showing her the items she was interested in. After a few minutes, her cell phone rang. She said to me, "Don't go anywhere," and then answered her phone.

I stood there, waiting, for several minutes while she had her phone conversation. When she hung up, we went back the case.

Is it just me, or does it seem awfully rude to order a sales clerk not to go anywhere, so that you can have a personal phone conversation. I mean, I do have other things to do! And I didn't really want to listen to her half of the conversation. I could have left, done something else, and then come back after she'd hung up.

Sheesh!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

Yes, she was rude, but you did the best job for the store. Besides, you might have offended her if you had said something to the effect of "Screw you, lady, I don't have time for this", locked the case, and walked away. :)

October 17, 2006 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home