Tales from the World of Retail

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Stroller Story

People often leave their empty strollers in inconvenient places. If I need to get by them, I usually move them out of my way.

Today I found a stroller parked in front of the door to a back room. I needed to get through door, so I moved the stroller. Like I said, I found the stroller left in front of the door. There wasn't anyone nearby who could I could say "Excuse me" to and get them to move it for me. The nearest person was a man who was about six feet to the left and completely absorbed in looking at a product. To the right, about fifteen feet away, was a mom, grandma, and two children. One of the kids was pretty young, so I figured that was the stroller occupant.

So..... I walked up behind the stroller and moved it a foot or two so I could get past. I thought it felt heavier than other strollers I've moved, so I glanced down at it as a passed by. I thought maybe they'd left some shopping bags in the stroller.

Nope! They'd left their baby in the stroller! I was somewhat horrified that I'd so casually shoved a baby out of my way and I was afraid the baby would start screaming. Luckily, the baby hadn't looked up, so he (she?) had no idea that it was a stranger moving him and not a parent. Also luckily, no parent came up to me to yell at me for moving their baby.

But I guess that would require the parent to be watching their child and that was obviously beyond the ability of this poor kid's parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home