Tales from the World of Retail

Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Christmas Miracle

Well, not a miracle, per se, but a story with a happy, reaffirm-your-faith-in-humanity ending.

Yesterday I helped a woman who said that an item had been left out of her bag. She showed me her receipt and I looked behind the counter where we put things like that, but I couldn't find it. The next step was to look up the item in the computer to see how many we were supposed to have, then count what we actually had in stock. If we had one more than we were supposed to, than I'd know that we had indeed left it out of her bag. The computer said we had five, and I counted five.

She seemed pretty honest (and the computer is often wrong), so I went ahead and gave her one. She was very grateful and wished me Merry Christmas.

Today she came back and returned it. She found the original one at home, so she came down today just to bring back the one I gave her yesterday.

It was a nice reminder that there are still honest people out there.

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home