Tales from the World of Retail

Monday, October 23, 2006

And You Want Me To Hire You? Ummm.... No.

A guy called the other day and said, "I heard you were hiring?"

I said yes, and told him what he needed to do to apply.

At that point, he should have said, "Thanks!" and hung up.


Alas, this guy wasn't reading from the same script. He kept talking. And talking. And talking some more.


"I really think I'd be great for your store."

"I'd really like to work there."

"I used to work at _______."

"I think I'd be great for your store."

"The store I used to work at closed because of a huge rent increase."

"I really want to work at your store."

"What's your name?"


At this point, I told him that I wasn't the person he needed to address his application to. He told me that he needed my name for "his records" and to collect unemployment.

I'm really, really hoping that this dude doesn't get hired.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedicularis said...

Yes, don’t worry, he won’t get hired. He is happy being on unemployment. He will not even submit an application, since all he was doing was meeting the letter of the law to qualify for unemployment.

October 25, 2006 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home