Tales from the World of Retail

Friday, January 18, 2008

Time Troubles

Customers (and people in general, I suppose) seem to have trouble with time. Two examples:

A woman called and started telling me about the item she'd had me put on hold. I had to interrupt her (politely) to tell her that it wasn't me she'd talked to earlier. I assumed (silly me!) that she had called earlier in the day. After further discussion, it was revealed that she had called "a week or two ago". When I realized which item she talking about, I realized that the item must have been on hold a minimum of one month ago.

Think that's bad? Try this one:

A man came in last week to return two items. I was called to the register because one of the items wasn't in the computer. He said that he'd purchased the items "about a month before Christmas". I asked him for his receipt and it was dated ..... (wait for it) ...... June 7, 2007. More than six months before Christmas! The reason the one item wasn't in the computer was because we'd stopped carrying it several months before.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic!

January 26, 2008 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home