Tales from the World of Retail

Sunday, March 09, 2008

You've Got To Be Kidding!

Oh, the humanity. This one's a doozy, folks. It didn't happen to me, but to my co-worker "H-Man".

A woman came into the store and asked if it was ok to park on the street outside the store. H-man told her that she thought that it would be ok until 3:00. The woman said that she was in a hurry, that she was late for an appointment (an appointment that was in a building six blocks away), and ..... wait for it ..... she asked H-Man to feed her parking meter.

Yes, that's right, this woman -- who wasn't even planning on buying anything in the store -- asked my co-worker to feed her parking meter for her. I just.... I can't even comment on it, it's so ridiculous and outrageous.

I have no idea what I would have said to such a preposterous suggestion, but H-Man, thinking quickly, pointed out that Seattle's current parking meters require you to put a sticker on the inside of your car.

You'd think that would have satisfied the woman, but no, she stormed off in a huff, as if H-Man had been unbearably rude to her.

Pot, meet kettle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home